P&N Bank members have given 'Helping &nds' to 10 local groups after the second round of our new quarterly contribution program, Helping &nds.
With so many great local causes, our members not only nominated the groups but also voted for those that were closest to their hearts.
The votes have now been counted, and we're happy to announce the top five groups received $1,000 each, and the remainder $200 each.
- Perth Vet Bill Assistance - helps those people who are suffering financial hardship to get their pet much needed vet treatment
- People Who Care - this group grants random acts of kindness to Perth seniors who have no family to support them
- Motor Neurone Disease Association of WA - provides care coordination, education and emotional support for people living with Motor Neurone Disease and their families
- WA Police Legacy - supports families after the death of a Police Officer, including financial assistance, children's camps and driving lessons for teenagers
- Alyssa's Autism Acceptance Project - 10 year old Alyssa has autism, and supported by her family, promotes autism acceptance through school talks and after-school clubs
- Survivor Foundation - supports survivors and their family after traumatic experiences, such as burns
- Riding for the Disabled (Oakford) - a group that provides horse riding activities to people with a disability or special needs
- Special Olympics South West - a volunteer-run club providing sports training and athletic competition for children and adults with intellectual disability
- Mundaring Volunteer Fire & Rescue Cadets - these 11-17 year old volunteers learn leadership and team work, as well as firefighting skills, to help their local community
- North Coastal Women's Shed - provides support for women in the northern area of Perth, to address issues such as loneliness and depression
Did you know we also help individuals?
Our Helping &nds program isn't just for groups - P&N members can also nominate individuals or families in need. The recipients don't have to be members of P&N, they just need to have a genuine need for a Helping &nd.
With the help of our members' nominations, we have identified and helped many struggling individuals and families since the program's launch in November 2015.
Find out more about who we've helped.