Helping &nds Groups Donations Announced April 2017
P&N Bank members have given 'Helping &nds' to 10 local groups after the second round of our new quarterly contribution program, Helping &nds.
With so many great local causes, our members not only nominated the groups but also voted for those that were closest to their hearts.
The votes have now been counted, and we're happy to announce the top five groups received $1,000 each, and the remainder $200 each.
- HD Streetwise - is a group of everyday people who over the past 10 years have been helping those in need by raising funds and donations for the homeless.
- Cancer Support WA - offers unconditional support to all people in Western Australia affected by cancer, including carers and family members, through all stages of the illness, including long-term survivors and bereaved families.
- Earbus Foundation - works to reduce the incidence and impact of middle-ear disease on Aboriginal and other at-risk children by working collaboratively with Aboriginal Medical Services, the Royal Flying Doctor Service, Starlight Foundation and WA Country Health Services.
- Be Inspired Foundation - creates access to wellness for young, disadvantaged Australians living with chronic disease, cancer or major trauma.
- Greyhound Adoptions WA - was established in 2007 by a group of concerned people who were disturbed about the mass wastage of greyhounds as a result of the racing industry.
- Angel Gowns - is a dedicated group of ladies who provide Angel Gown garments to hospitals and funeral homes across the state, including rural areas.
- Angelhands - provides a path to recovery for people affected by extreme and complex trauma, including violence.
- Joondalup Autism Carers Group - is a support group for families of children with autism, currently meeting monthly at Clarkson Library.
- SAFE Broome - assists the community by working closely with the rangers, vets and shire to rehome all healthy viable animals in the area.
- Two Rocks Yanchep Emergency Scouts - opened in February 2016 with nine eager children. They now have 50 youth members aged from 6-15 years.
Did you know we also help individuals?
Our Helping &nds program isn't just for groups - P&N members can also nominate individuals or families in need. The recipients don't have to be members of P&N, they just need to have a genuine need for a Helping &nd.
With the help of our members' nominations, we have identified and helped many struggling individuals and families since the program's launch in November 2015.
Find out more about who we've helped.