Whether you’re planning for your retirement or looking for the best way to manage your super, we have a range of financial services to help you.
Make the most of your superannuation
How you plan and manage your super will have an enormous impact on whether you achieve your retirement goals. There are a number of different strategies you can employ to help you reach your objectives.
So how do you know exactly what's right for you?
A P&N financial planner can help you take advantage of the many and varied opportunities within super such as:
- Strategies to boost your superannuation savings
- Making smart investment choices
- Contributing more to super and taking advantage of concessional and non-concessional contribution limits
- Investigating if you're eligible for the government co-contribution scheme
- Splitting contributions with your spouse
- Explaining how DIY super works and if it's right for you
- Transitioning to retirement
Plan for your retirement
Make the most of your retirement funds with advice and strategies from one of our financial planning professionals. We can help you:
- Plan your retirement so you can enjoy a comfortable lifestyle and achieve your financial goals.
- Find ways to generate your own retirement income and balance it with the government allowances and benefits you’re entitled to receive.
- Calculate how much money you already have in retirement savings and how much you’ll receive in retirement payments.
- Manage your superannuation, money from your employer (such as a retirement lump sum) and other assets such as property, shares and managed funds.
Dealing with the prospect of redundancy
Whether or not you've considered redundancy before, it can be unsettling and bring with it a degree of uncertainty, so it's important you make the right decisions for your financial security and future.
You need to know how your redundancy package is structured and how it is taxed, so you can make well-informed decisions about your next steps and what this entails.
The big decision you will need to make is what to do with the money you receive from both the tax-free portion and the taxable portion.
Investing is about making sure your money works as hard as you do. The world of investing can be complex and there are many areas you need to understand and many choices you need to make.
We all know we should invest our money wisely but, with all the investment choices available, it’s hard to know where to invest and what to invest in.
There are literally hundreds of combinations of asset categories, across different countries, themes and sectors.
Not only that, but everybody’s needs and goals are different, and will change over time.
A P&N financial planner can help you:
- Work out your goals and investment objectives, both short and long term
- Assess your current financial position
- Set an investment timeframe
- Determine your appetite for risk
- Recommend appropriate investment options to help you achieve your goals
Over time, as your circumstances change, your P&N financial planner will be there to re-assess your needs.
Think ahead with life insurance
If something unexpected happened, you don’t want to think that your home loan repayments and other financial commitments would become a burden to your family. A well construction insurance strategy allows you to plan for your family’s financial future. We can help you:
- Find the type of insurance and level of cover you need
- Choose between life insurance and income protection options
- Understand the features and benefits of each insurance product
In its most simple form, estate planning is about peace of mind. Estate planning is all about putting the right structures in place to make sure your assets are distributed the way you want and in an effective way.
An estate plan involves much more than a simple Will. Although it's important to have a valid Will, an estate plan covers many other aspects relating to the transfer of your wealth after you pass away. Family trusts, powers of attorney and the tax implications for beneficiaries can all be managed with an estate plan.
Also, with blended families becoming more common in recent times, estate planning has become more important for those with complex family structures.
By having an estate plan in place, you will help your beneficiaries avoid difficulties and disagreements because you can:
- Stipulate the amount of ownership and control each of your beneficiaries has over your assets
- Reduce the tax payable on the income and capital gains earned on assets
- Ensure your assets are protected if the beneficiary is involved in any legal difficulties such as divorce or bankruptcy
Seeking advice from a financial planner is a crucial step in developing an effective estate plan.
Aged care advice
When it comes to aged care, there’s a lot to think about and it’s important to get it right but that’s where we can help. A P&N financial planner can help you make an informed decision so that the move into aged care is as easy as possible.
We’ll tailor a plan based on your individual circumstances and needs to help you:
- Understand the aged care options (moving into an aged care facility or remaining within the home)
- Assess your financial situation
- Make a budget that includes your daily care fees so there are no unexpected surprises
- Fund your aged care fees including the payment of a deposit for the accommodation costs
- Structure your finances and help with means testing for both your aged pension and aged care fees
- Understand the impact on your age pension and Centrelink/DVA benefit
- Help you determine if you need to sell the family home or retain and rent it
- Make your money last as long as possible
- Understand how it will affect your estate plan
The information contained on this page has been prepared by Police & Nurses Financial Planning Pty Ltd (P&N Financial Planning) ABN 21 009 245 194 AFSL 237507. P&N Financial Planning is a related entity of, but not guaranteed by, Police & Nurses Limited (P&N Bank) ABN 69 087 651 876 AFSL/Australian Credit Licence 240701. P&N Financial Planning is the provider of financial advice services. Services provided by P&N Financial Planning are provided on its own account and not on behalf of P&N Bank and P&N Bank does not endorse or take responsibility for any services provided by P&N Financial Planning. P&N Financial Planning is not an authorised deposit-taking institution and, unless you acquire a P&N Bank product as a consequence of a recommendation made by P&N Financial Planning, monies invested with or through P&N Financial Planning are not a deposit with or liability of P&N Bank. P&N Bank refers customers to P&N Financial Planning only and is not liable for any loss, damage or liability of any kind arising from services provided by P&N Financial Planning. This page is not designed for the purpose of providing personal financial or investment advice. Any advice given is general only and does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. Please therefore consider whether it is appropriate for you. You should consider talking to a financial adviser before making a financial decision.