Moving into a new home can be an exciting but also stressful time. Organisation is the key – so here are 9 things to do before moving day to make your move a happy one.
1. Minimise your possessions. Moving into a new home is a great opportunity to declutter. Sell any unwanted goods through a garage sale or online. You’ll have less to pack and more money in your pocket.
2. Get packing. The sooner you can start packing the better as it’s less stress on moving day!
3. Let your utility companies know about your move. This includes the companies in charge of your power, water, gas, phone and internet. Make a list of all the companies you need to contact and have all your account details handy when you call.
4. Redirect your mail. This means any mail will be redirected from your old address to your new one. When you receive the redirected mail, you can contact the sender to update your details.
5. Check your insurance. Your building and contents policies need to be up to date with your move.
6. Tell your bank. You need to give your new details to your bank and any other financial companies you hold accounts with.
7. Remember that your car will move too. Change your address on your car registration and driver’s licence, and let your car insurance company know about your move too.
8. Update your details with the AEC Electoral Roll. To be eligible to vote, you need to update your address on the electoral roll.
9. Keep those subscriptions coming. Change your details with any of your mail subscriptions before you move to make sure you don’t miss out.
There’s a lot to do, but the sooner you get started, the sooner you can relax and enjoy your new home!
If you’re a P&N Bank member planning to move soon, contact us today to update with your new contact details.
For a more localised experience please enter your location below...
Set your location for a more localised experience.