BSB 806 015

To give you the best possible experience, this site uses cookies. Learn more about cookies.


Due to planned maintenance, access to our digital banking services and phone banking will be unavailable from 1:10am through to 7:00am on Sunday 26 June AWST. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. View details

BSB 806 015

Common Reporting Standard

P&N Bank and Automatic Exchange of Information (AEOI)

Financial Institutions are required to identify foreign tax residents and report their details and relevant financial account information to their local tax authority (in Australia, this is the Australian Taxation Office)(ATO).  This is because Australia has entered into an international agreement (and passed laws) that will allow for the automatic exchange of account information.  The below are two AEOI laws that may affect you.

Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA)

FACTA is legislation introduced by the United States Government to improve compliance with US tax laws. This introduces a reporting regime for tax purposes for financial institutions with respect to certain accounts.  P&N Bank is required to identify any accounts opened by customers who meet certain eligibility criteria. Information about these identified accounts will be reported to the ATO which will submit the information to the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on an annual basis.

This will only affect members who are identified as US residents or those whose residency cannot be identified due to insufficient information being provided.

Common Reporting Standard (CRS)

CRS comes into effect from 1 July 2017 and is a global standard for the collection and exchange of account information.  You will be required to certify your residence for tax purposes and provide your tax identification number if you are a foreign tax resident.

Where you are a foreign tax resident, or we have information that indicates you may be but you have failed to respond to any request for confirmation, P&N is obliged to report certain information annually to the ATO which will then exchange this with the tax authority of the appropriate country.

We may also contact you from time to time to confirm your tax residency and request additional information/documentation for support.  It is advisable to let us know if, or when, your situation changes.

Where can I get more Information?

If you would like more information, please refer to the ATO website

We'd like to use your current location

For a more localised experience please enter your location below...


Set your location for a more localised experience.