Skip to main content

If you are renting it can pay to protect your belongings by taking out a Contents Insurance policy.

A common misconception amongst renters is that your landlord’s insurance will cover you if anything happens to your possessions. Landlord insurance only covers what the landlord owns which is the house and land. This means that anything that belongs to you at the rental property isn’t covered by their insurance.

A Contents Insurance policy may cover will cover you financially if your belongings are lost, damaged or stolen. It can also cover you for incidents including theft, water damage, smoke damage and fire.

Read the PDS for full details of what's covered.