Skip to main content

A formal trust is an established legal entity under formal arrangements. It will have a trust deed, which specifies who the trustees are, what powers they have, and how the trust is to be conducted. There are many different types of trusts, all with differing requirements to suit the purpose. Some of the most common types of trusts are discretionary trusts, family trusts, superannuation funds and unit trusts.

To set up a membership and accounts for your formal trusts or superannuation fund memberships, you will need to provide original or original certified copies as detailed below:

If the trustees of the trust or superannuation fund are individuals you will need to provide:
1. Executed trust deed -  a full copy of the signed document,
2. Identification documents - all trustees and appointors must attend a branch with the required documents and primary photo identification or return certified copies to PO Box 8609, Perth BC 6849.
3. Complete and sign a non personal membership application form - and finalise your membership.

Download non personal membership application

Is the trustee of your trust or superfund a company?

If so, you'll also need to provide:

  • a company extract issued by ASIC, dated within last 30 days,
  • all company beneficial owners holding 25% or more of company shares will need to attend a branch with primary photo identification,
  • a share certificate if your trust is a shareholder of your company.

Is your trust or superannuation fund operating a registered business?

If so, you'll also need to provide:

  • Business extract issued by ASIC dated within last 30 days.

For more information, please contact us on 13 25 77 or visit your nearest branch.