Sending money overseas
Do you need to send a gift of money overseas? Or perhaps you're making a larger transfer – whatever the reason, we’re here to help.
Make an outward transfer to an overseas bank account using an international telegraphic transfer, via our partner Western Union Business Solutions – the foreign exchange specialists.
A telegraphic transfer (or ‘wire’) is an electronic transfer of funds directly credited to the recipient's overseas bank account.
- A fast and safe way to send funds overseas
- Choose from a wide range of currencies
- Most transfers only take 72 hours
- Access the SWIFT network through our partner Western Union
It's easy to organise
You can arrange to make an overseas electronic transfer at any one of our branches or via Internet Banking.
To complete an International Transfer via Internet banking you’ll first need to register your account for the service by contacting us to set your limit.
To perform the International Transfer you will need:
- Transfer amount and required currency
- Beneficiary details including name and full street address
- Bank name and full street address
- Bank sort code/SWIFT address/chips/routing number
- Beneficiary account number
- IBAN (this is mandatory for transfers sent to the UK or European Union)
For more information about transferring via Internet Banking please read the User Guide.
If you've never made an overseas transfer with us before and have some questions, you can call us on 13 25 77.